Franchise : Starbucks
Category : Condiments, Sauces, Seasoning
This is a variation of the 'mother sauce' of dessert sauces. Vanilla sauce or sauce
Anglaise, is a loose custard that can be flavored in a variety of ways to complement almost any dessert.
2 cups whole milk
2 cups heavy cream
1 vanilla bean
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup + 2 tbsp. egg yolks, large
2 tbsp. coffee extract
1. Heat milk, heavy cream, vanilla bean, and half of the sugar until it boils. Remove the vanilla bean and reserve for other uses.
2. Combine egg yolks and remaining sugar, then temper with part of the boiling milk while stirring constantly.
3. Pour liaison into the remaining milk and return to the heat.
4. Stirring constantly, cook slowly to stage of nappe or 180 degrees F (82 degrees
5. Remove immediately from stove and strain through a chinois, directly into a bain- marie in an ice bath. Add the coffee extract, mixing well until blended.
Serving Size 48.
Estimated Time: 30 minutes