Franchise : Pal's
Category : Condiments, Sauces, Seasoning
1/8 pound ground beef
1 small sesame seed bun
Salt 2 tablespoons ketchup
1 teaspoon sweet pickle relish
1/2 teaspoon yellow mustard
1. Pat out the ground beef until about the same diameter as the bun.
If you like, you can freeze this patty ahead of time to help keep the burger from falling apart when you cook it.
2. Brown or toast the faces of the top and bottom buns. You can do this in a frying pan over medium heat or by toasting them in the oven (or toaster oven).
3. As the buns are browning, grill the hamburger patty, either in a hot frying pan over medium heat...or you can use a barbecue grill.
Salt the meat generously.
4. Combine the ketchup, relish and mustard in a small bowl.
5. When the meat is cooked to your liking, place it on the face of the bottom bun.
6. Slather the sauce on the face of the top bun and place it onto the meat.
Makes 1 burger.
To multiply this recipe, use this handy multiplier for the sauce:
Sauce for 2 burgers: 1/4 cup ketchup 2 teaspoons relish 1 teaspoon mustard
Sauce for 4 burgers: 1/2 cup ketchup 4 teaspoons relish 2 teaspoons mustard
Sauce for 6 burgers: 3/4 cup ketchup 2 tablespoons relish 3 teaspoons mustard