Big Mouth Sandwich
Franchise : Mega Mouth Burgers and Beers
Category : Main Dish
1/2 pound lean ground beef
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon salt -- or seasoned salt
2 California avocados -- sliced
1 French bread loaf -- or long loaf garlic salt -- to taste 8 ounces refried beans -- 1 can shredded lettuce 1 tomato -- sliced
2 green onions -- sliced
1/2 cup cheddar cheese -- shredded taco sauce -- optional
1. Brown ground beef very thoroughly; drain well. Stir in salt and chili powder; keep hot.
2. Halve, peel and slice avocados into flat slices.
3. Split French bread in half lengthwise. Lightly toast cut sides under broiler.
4. Place half the avocado slices on bottom half of bread. Sprinkle with garlic salt if using.
5. Heat refried beans. Spread an even layer of beans over avocado, then spoon on browned meat.
6. Cover meat with shredded cheese, then with shredded lettuce. Sprinkle lettuce with taco sauce if using.
7. Cover with a layer of sliced tomato then sprinkle on the chopped onions. Place remaining avocado slices on tomatoes and sprinkle with garlic salt.
8. Cover with top half of bread; cut into serving sized sandwiches.
Serving Ideas : Serve with warm tortilla chips and iced tea or beer.
NOTES : This sandwich speaks for itself as to how it got its name.
Serving Size : 6
Preparation Time :0:30
Recipe By : Jo Anne Merrill