Franchise : McDonald's
Category : Main Dish
1 tablespoon mayonnaise
1/2 teaspoon brown mustard (French's "Hearty Deli" is good)
1 sesame seed hamburger bun
1/4 pound ground beef
1 slice American cheese
1 to 2 tomato slices
1 to 2 lettuce leaves, chopped
1/2 tablespoon ketchup
2 tablespoons chopped onion
1. In a small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise and the brown mustard.
2. Grill the face of each of the buns on a griddle or frying pan over medium heat.
3. Roll the ground beef into a ball and pat it out until it's approximately the same diameter as the bun.
4. Cook meat on hot griddle or frying pan for about 5 minutes per side or until done. Be sure to lightly salt and pepper each side of the patty.
5. Build the burger in the following order, from the bottom up:
On Bottom Bun
- beef patty
- American cheese slice
- 1 to 2 tomato slices
On Top Bun
6. Slap the top onto the bottom and serve hot.
Makes one burger.
If you can find thick-sliced pepper bacon in your supermarket, you can add it to the burger just as you could at the restaurant chain.
Cut one slice in half after cooking and place the slices next to each other onto the bottom bun before adding the beef patty.