Peanut Butter Chocolate Rice Krispies Treats
Franchise : Kellogg's
Category : Breakfast, Brunch, Desserts
1 tablespoon margarine
3 tablespoons peanut butter
1/8 teaspoon salt
5 cups miniature marshmallows
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
1 12-ounce bag milk chocolate chips
Non-stick cooking spray
1. Combine margarine, peanut butter, and salt in a large saucepan over low heat.
2. When peanut butter and margarine have melted, add marshmallows and vanilla and stir until marshmallows have melted. Remove from heat.
3. Add Rice Krispies and stir until cereal is well coated with the melted marshmallow mixture.
4. Spray a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with a light coating of non-stick cooking spray. Pour the Rice Krispies mixture into the dish and, using wax paper or lightly greased hands, press down until it's flat in the dish. Cool.
5. Prepare the topping by pouring the chocolate chips into a glass dish. Microwave for 2 minutes on 50 percent power. Stir gently.
Microwave for an additional minute on 50 percent power. Stir gently once more until smooth. If the mixture hasn't completely melted, zap it again for another 30 seconds.
6. Use a spatula to spread a thin layer of chocolate over the top of the Rice Krispies mixture. Cool at room temperature
(at least 72 degrees), or chill until firm. Slice into 16 bars.
Makes 16 bars.