Tupelo Style Chicken
Franchise : Hard Rock Cafe
Category : Main Dish
4 to 6 cups vegetable oil
Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce 1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
2 teaspoons honey
Apricot Dipping Sauce 2 tablespoons Grey Poupon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon apricot preserves
2 tablespoons honey
1 cup corn flake crumbs
2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
1 1/4 teaspoons cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
Dash garlic 1 egg
1 cup milk
1 cup flour
1 pound chicken breast fillets
1. Preheat oil in a deep fryer to 350 degrees.
2. Make the honey mustard dipping sauce by combining the ingredients in a medium bowl. Cover and refrigerate. Make the apricot dipping sauce by combing those ingredients in a medium bowl. Cover and refrigerate this sauce as well, until your chicken is ready.
3. Prepare the breading by combining the corn flake crumbs, crushed red pepper flakes, cayenne pepper, cumin, salt, paprika, onion powder, and garlic in a medium bowl.
4. Beat the egg in a medium bowl, add the 1 cup of milk and stir.
5. Pour the flour into another medium bowl.
6. Slice each chicken breast lengthwise into strips approximately
7. When the oil is hot, bread your chicken by first coating each strip with flour. Dip the chicken into the egg/milk mixture and then back into the flour. Dip each chicken strip back in the egg/milk mixture and then in the corn flake crumb mixture. Be sure to coat each chicken piece thoroughly with the corn flake crumbs.
8. Fry 6 to 8 coated chicken strips at a time in the oil for 4 to 5 minutes or until the chicken is golden brown. Drain and serve chicken with the dipping sauces on the side.
Serves 6 to 8 as an appetizer