White Chunk Macadamia
Franchise : Great American Cookies
Category : Breakfast, Brunch, Desserts
1/2 cup butter (1 stick), softened
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup coconut flakes, finely minced
1 tablespoon milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
8 ounces solid white chocolate, cut into chunks
1 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
1. Cream together the butter and sugar in a large bowl with a mixer on high speed.
2. Add the coconut, egg, milk, and vanilla and mix well.
3. In another bowl combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
4. Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and mix until dough forms. Mix in the white chocolate and macadamia nuts.
5. Preheat oven to 300 degrees while you let the dough rest for
30 to 60 minutes in the refrigerator.
6. Measure out about 2 1/2 tablespoons of the dough and form a ball. Drop each ball of dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet about 3 inches apart and bake for 12 to 14 minutes. Do not overbake!
Cookies should come out of the oven appearing slightly browned, yet undercooked. When cooled the cookies will be soft and chewy like the original.
Makes 16 to 18 cookies.