Mesquite-Grilled BBQ Chicken Quesadilla
Franchise : Chevys Fresh Mex
Category : Main Dish
Mesquite Marinade 1/2 cup water
1 teaspoon mesquite-flavored liquid smoke
1/2 teaspoon salt
Dash ground black pepper
Spicy BBQ Sauce 1/2 cup Bull's-Eye Original BBQ Sauce
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Dash chili powder
1 boneless chicken breast
1/3 cup sliced red bell pepper
1/3 cup sliced green bell pepper
1/3 cup sliced Spanish onion
2 large (12-inch) fat-free flour tortillas
1 1/3 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1. Prepare the marinade by combining the ingredients in a medium bowl. Add chicken breast fillet to the bowl, cover, and chill for one hour.
2. When the chicken is finished marinating, preheat your grill to high temperature.
3. As grill is heating, prepare the spicy BBQ sauce by mixing the ingredients in a small bowl.
4. Throw the chicken on the grill and cook it for 4 to 5 minutes per side or until it's done. When the chicken is done cooking, chop it into bite-size pieces.
5. Spray a light coating of nonstick cooking spray on a medium skillet over medium heat. Sauté the sliced peppers and onion in the pan for 4 to 5 minutes or until the veggies start to brown.
6. Set a large skillet over medium/low heat.
7. Put one flour tortilla in the skillet and sprinkle 1/3 cup of cheese over half of the tortilla. Spoon half of the vegetables over the cheese, followed by half of the chicken.
8. Spoon a generous portion of the spicy BBQ sauce over the chicken, followed by another 1/3 cup of cheese.
9. Fold the other side of the tortilla over the filling, and press down so that it stays in place.
10. By this time, the cheese on the bottom should be melted. If not, wait another minute or so, then flip the quesadilla over and heat for another couple minutes or until all of the cheese has melted.
11. Slide the quesadilla onto a plate and slice it into 4 pieces.
Repeat for the second quesadilla and serve immediately with salsa on the side.
Serves 4 as an appetizer.
Serving size 2 pieces
Total servings 4